Urbane Cyclist is a worker cooperative. Each worker member is part owner, and all major decisions are made in a collective, non-hierarchical process. Worker cooperatives support workers’ livelihoods: a very different approach from the corporate focus on the bottom line. Co-ops aim to serve the needs of a community with integrity and a vision towards social justice and genuine alternatives to corporate culture and values. Urbane is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds. Urbane believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our Co-op.
Urbane is committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported. Urbane seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds. Urbane recognizes that the diverse knowledge, perspectives, ideas, experiences and qualities of all employees are critical to our success. The member-owners and employees of Urbane are devoted to achieving and supporting Urbane’s ongoing commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you want to work at Urbane with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Urbane Sales” or “Urbane Service” as the subject line. Hourly compensation based on experience - Urbane Cyclist pays competitive wages.
- Sales Level 1 and 2
SALES DEPARTMENT OPENINGS
Overview of Job: This position is responsible for excellent customer service, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding the Co-op’s merchandise. It plays an integral role upholding the Co-op’s high standards. It impacts customer satisfaction, the Co-op’s reputation in the marketplace and profitability. Core competencies for this role are teamwork, problem solving, leadership, communication and accountability.
The sales associate job is broken down into three levels and includes sales, cashier and inventory control responsibilities. To the best of their ability, employees are expected to advance to higher levels at a reasonable pace. There are different compensation ranges for higher level positions.
Accountability: This position is accountable to the Co-op and reports to the Sales Lead(s). Regular liaison and collaboration is required with other Sales team members in parts, sales, cashier and purchasing roles.
Sales Level 1
- Ensure that Co-op customers receive excellent service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Assist customers in selecting bikes and/or accessories, interpreting their needs and suggesting products*
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping (kitchen, bathrooms, sweeping, etc)
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise
- Create customer profiles in Lightspeed as needed, collect customer information
- Create special orders and work orders for customers.*
- Sell bikes and accessories, collaborate with the service department to schedule work orders and write up quotes for customers using lightspeed.*
- Field and direct incoming phone calls as required
- Communicate customer requests, trends and observations to Sales Lead
- Use Lightspeed system as required
- Other duties as assigned
Cashiering reponsiblities : (once trained)
- Ring up sales at register, bag merchandise as required
- Ring out work orders, layaways, special orders and process deposits under supervision
- Refunds and exchanges with a receipt according to our refund policy
- Process customer discounts with valid membership card according to our discount policy
- Greet every customer that comes in the store immediately
- Answer phone, place customers on hold, page calls, take messages in message book.
- Support sales staff in retrieving inventory from stock rooms and putting new stock away.
- Dispose of cardboard and other packaging in the appropriate manner
* Must be checked for accuracy by the shift supervisor
Sales Level 2
- All sales level 1 responsibilities
- Assist customers in selecting components at the parts counter
- Assist customers in purchasing recumbents, BionX conversions, and other more technical or specialized products
- Address customer queries and the concerns of dissatisfied customers
- Create customer special orders
- Other duties as assigned
Cashiering duties: itemize cashier duties by sales level.
- Opening and closing responsibilities as assigned including registers
- Create special orders, take deposits including payments over the phone.
- Supervise all test ride customers, manage ID and credit cards given as collateral.
- Check voicemail and distribute messages
- Monitor supplies at cashier desks including thermal paper, staples, tape, labels, etc.
- Authorize payouts from cash drawer according to payout policy
- Process refunds and exchanges without a receipt in line with the return policy
- Verify and process warranty items when supervisor not available or pass on to appropriate person
- Process phone orders
- Receive inventory on a packing slip following store procedures
- Restock sales floor before storing overstock goods in appropriate locations
Base Rate of Pay:
Level 1 $14.00
Level 2 $15.45
Please send a CV with cover letter telling why you think you’d be the best candidate for the job and the right fit for Urbane to: email@example.com